Desde Guatemala

Dallin Davis' Mission Experience



Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Holloweenie

Mom's weekly inquiry:

I keep meaning to ask you about playing the piano. Do you get to play the piano much for ward things?
If yes, do you wish you would have practiced the hymns more?
Are there any members that play the piano?
Have you been asked to speak on Sunday yet?
If yes, what did you speak about?
How about singing, do you sing much, have any of your companions and you done any musical numbers?
Have you had any more incidents with getting robbed or stuff taken from you guys?
How are you doing with training?
How are you and your companion getting along?
How are your investigators doing? Any new Baptisms?
Tell me about your week? anything interesting happen?

That is awesome I think this is my favorite time of the year the start of the holiday season The hymns and christams music are already starting to creap in my head and i sing them out loud that is one thing Both my comps have not been much for singing they like it but that is not what i meant haha. We did sing a musical number as a zone in zone conference it was the one (where can I turn for peace). With piano I play everyonce in a while but not consecutivly . YES i do wish i practiced hymns more but i seems that i learn them much faster than at home. There is this one guy in our ward and he is fantastic at piano wow it is sweet to watch him play. I have yet to talk in church and i dont think i will I would love to but the bishop is pretty good about having talk assignments always. Training is great i love the experience of having his excitmentfor the work. I dont know how much you have heard about Costa Rica but lets just say we come from different countries and I have had to change alot. Right now everything is great. This week was great we celebrated my 6 month mark and just had some good lessons with investigators one thing i have found that helps is working with members and one thing that really surprises me and gets me excited is when members bring us references of there friends Maybe you guys can try to help the missionaries with a little more than food that would be awesome. Lone you mom And all that you do for me. I will talk to you next week

Pop's xtra:
Well That is an awesome update about the family Wow i am actually excited to see ammie all skiny that would be awesome i dont think i have mentioned much about this but i have lost 30 40 pounds. My pants fall are all baggy and i am almost too skinny for one of the belts i brought. No i am not skinny but in comparison its alot better. this week was great had investigators in church and found and taught alot of people during our studies this morning it really hit me how powerfull the book of mormon is and what it really means to have in our lives. Well not much this week we just keep working over here and it seems that you are keeping busy over there. I love you Dad and tell the family hi. Josh wrote me last week and I wrote him back he didnt respond but if that means he is busy on dates that is fine by me . Alright thankyou dad for really ... eveything that you do you are a great father and example. Talk to you next week and dont say too much about pumkin role

No comments:

Post a Comment